How to Choose the Right Office Uniform
Five important steps to choosing the right office uniforms for your team:
- 1. Choose the weight and durability of the fabric required for your office uniform
- 2. Choose a colour and style of image wear you want
- 3. Decide if you want Dry Clean, Easycare or Washable Tailoring
- 4. Give yourself time to get it right. Build in time for fittings etc. Then set a date for your team to start wearing their wonderfully tailored new career wear
- 5. Most important: Choose your supplier carefully. Get references and ask about levels of stock and their experience in the supply of corporate tailoring and staff uniforms.
Choosing a fabric for corporate uniform
You can't make great corporate clothing without great fabric. At Brook Taverner we keep it simple: we choose fine yarns, densely woven and finished to industry-leading standards for all our corporate tailoring. What is more, we test all our fabrics in the lab and, more importantly, in the field (a rigorous test by real people at their place of work).
It might sound simple, but so many office uniform suppliers don’t do this, preferring instead to use cheaper fabrics.
We believe it is worth a little more effort and expense to use finely woven fabrics for the following reasons:
- - performance
- - greater crease recovery
- - greater abrasion resistance
- - increased comfort
- - less piling
- - beautiful looks
You'll find more information about our fabrics within each Collection page. Use this description to help decide which capsule collection is best for you. For extra help, contact us or seek the advice of your local professional clothing supplier.
Choosing the style of your business wear
Every businessperson has a different style requirement. That's why we offer a different style of image wear in each of the business attire collections.
You see, style really matters in business. The right style of jacket, trouser or skirt can flatter and enhance your people's finer features. So, in order to get the most from your corporate clothing and staff uniforms, each wearer should choose the style that makes the most of their height, weight, etc.
Good quality corporate tailoring makes us mere mortals look great and feel confident. What more can you ask from your business wear?
Selecting the right colour for corporate wardrobes
Our advice is to choose a professional looking colour that flatters most shapes and skin tones; namely navy, grey or black. These come in either plain or with a stripe or pattern.
- - Navy has always been a staple part of corporate dress and is easy to accessorise. Try a navy with a multi stripe to ring the changes. Black is always striking and looks modern and stylish when worn in the right environment and with complementary accessories.
- - Charcoal is back (it never went away in France) in plain and pinstripe, and looks great with whites, blacks, lilacs and those beautiful pink shirts and blouses.
- - If in doubt keep colours sympathetic (navy suit/blue shirt). If it works, try contrasting colours (navy suit/pink and blue stripe shirt).
How many items are needed for professional corporate wardrobes?
Ideally jacket and trousers should never be worn on consecutive days. That means you should have a minimum of two jackets and three trousers/skirts and five shirts/blouses (don’t buy skirts if you only wear trousers, buy another trouser instead).
Invest in tried and tested, high quality corporate clothing
For details of your nearest Brook Taverner corporatewear supplier please call
+44 (0)1535 251900
Our Company Ethos
Brook Taverner is Europe’s largest and most successful stock supplier of corporate clothing. We have a passion for fabrics and tailoring which is matched by an obsession for detail and garment performance. We balance our heritage, quality and craftsmanship with innovation and progress to consistently bring to the market the very best in corporate clothing.
Our Brook Taverner stock collections are only available from specialist corporate clothing suppliers. For details of your nearest Brook Taverner stockist please call +44 (0)1535 251900.